It has been a month since my last DIY. So today’s DIY is about a hair pack. This hair pack gave me best results in the first use itself. I have recommended this to few of my friends too. I will explain the process through the following steps.
- Take 2 spoons of fenugreek seeds/ vendhayam/methi (for my mid length fine hair).
- Add a small cup full of hot water to it and keep it overnight. Methi seeds have the tendency to bulge once it get completely soak in the water.
- Add 2-3 spoons of curd to the soaked seeds and grind it in to a paste using mixer grinder. The paste should not be too thick or too watery.
- Add olive oil or any other oil as per your wish for moisturizing purpose and mix it well.
- Apply it all over your head concentrating on the roots and keep it for 1-2 hours.
- Then wash it off with your regular shampoo and condition if required.
Few points to consider,
- The application can be a bit messy. The paste will be sticky and slippery in nature. If your basin get messed up because of the paste, clean it immediately. Once it dried, it will be difficult to remove
- You definitely need two washes to get rid of the pack from your hair strands. Better stand under shower or use hand shower and run your fingers throughout the hair to get rid of it completely.
- When I first used this hair pack, it completely stopped my hair fall and made my hair thick but don’t over use it as your hair may get used to the pack. At least give a week to 15 days gap.
- I studied in internet that all of us will go through hair fall phase. At that period, whatever we do, hair fall won’t stop. Also, the weak hairs are supposed to fall anyway which helps in the growth of new hairs.
- So if you face hair fall, just make sure it is not because of some health problem or dandruff and do your hair care routine properly. Then no need to worry even if you face hair fall.
- Methi seeds have the property to fight dandruff too. But getting rid of dandruff is a continuous process. Proper steps should be taken every now and then to keep dandruff at bay.
- You can also add curry leaves and grind it along with this pack.
Important Note :
Methi seeds have the tendency to make the body cool. So if you are prone to catch cold, please avoid this pack when the climate is cool or during evening time.
Extra Tip :
Methi seeds can help in fighting acne and black heads too. I have really stubborn black heads on my nose. So I applied this paste on my nose area and kept in almost more than an hour. Yes. You have to keep it that much time so that it will become completely dry. I make sure that no moisture is left and slowly peeled it off. It works as a peel off mask actually. As I have stubborn black heads, the pack did not remove it completely but it does removes all the dirt and small hairs accumulated on the sides of the nose and make the area super soft. I am sure that if used continuously, it can help to get rid off the black heads.
Hope you all liked this DIY. If you try this, please share the results with me.